OrchestraCMS 301 - Development Concepts
This course is intended for customer resources, that are responsible for the planning and development of OrchestraCMS powered websites, intranets and/or community sites. This course covers the components required to create custom page and content templates for use with OrchestraCMS.
Who in your organization should attend this course?
- Web Developers
- Site Designers
- Users responsible for structure of pages, styling and scripting.
Delivery Modes Available
- Workbook for self directed training:
- One hour overview online with Stantive's instructor,
- Complete the workbook at your own pace, within 30 days,
- Email access to Stantive's instructor during the 30 days for questions,
- One hour Q&A session review post workbook.
- Online with remote meeting software with Stantive instructor:
- Sixteen hours delivered as a presentation,
- May be broken into smaller sessions,
- Session can be recorded and made available post training.
- Onsite delivery of the course by a Stantive instructor.
- Two days, onsite instructor guided completion of the workbook provided.
Each delivery mode includes access to a thirty day trial Salesforce Organization preconfigured for use with the exercise workbooks for each attendee. Course workbooks are provided as PDFs, in English only.
- Salesforce administration experience.
- Completion of OrchestraCMS 101 - User Fundamentals course
- Salesforce development experience (Visualforce, Apex...)
- $3,200.00 (USD) base course cost.
- Add expenses for onsite delivery.
|Topics Covered||What you will learn|
How OrchestraCMS manages content, pages, media and sites.
|Salesforce Static Resources||
|Creating Page Templates||
Creating a visualforce page for use as a page template within OrchestraCMS. Configuration options and considerations for implementing page templates.
|Creating Custom Content Templates||
Creating custom content templates with Apex classes and visualforce pages.
Enabling custom content in OrchestraCMS.
Using the Content Template Creator utility.
|Using Force.com IDE and Development Tools||
Demonstration of tools that can be used to manage your code outside of OrchestraCMS and Salesforce.
How OrchestraCMS implements caching.
Development considerations impacted by OrchestraCMS caching.
|Development Best Practices||
Considerations to accommodate for when developing for OrchestraCMS.
|Performance Best Practices||
Considerations for optimizing your code for use with OrchestraCMS.
Implementing OrchestraCMS rest proxy for dynamic content.
|Development Process||Deploying projects from one environment to another.|